- 1. Coming to the door to pick someone up.
- 2. Trying to dress really nicely for a date.
- 3. Bringing flowers or other tokens of affection to the first date.
- 4. Going dancing that’s not grinding on a grimy club floor.
- 5. Straightforwardly asking someone out and not calling it “hanging out.”
- 6. Additionally, being clear about when you’re “going steady.”
- 7. Romantic gestures like writing poems.
- 8. Turning electronics off and just being with one another.
- 9. The general concept of asking permission for things.
- 10. Not assuming sex is to be had at any point in time.
- by Kate Bailey
Haunting Coney Island by Darren Martin
A peninsula, formerly an island, in southernmost Brooklyn, New York City, with a beach that touches the Atlantic ocean. A place where smiles were a dime-a-dozen, a place where you could let your hair down and escape the rat race of Manhattan. A place you could escape the summer heat from New York City’s tenements. The Coney Island resort, established roughly after the American Civil War in 1861, was an escape from reality.
New York only blog!